Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slr vhpd engine help

Bennett

Afternoon all. Vhpd engine what is my car trying to tell me a new alarm sound and the red centre dash lights flickers red when flick ignition switch fuel pump primes as normal . Then upon that last click one constant beep and flashing red centre light . Disarmed immobiliser doesn't stop the beep but engine start does until I next try ignition sequence it's a new thing all of a sudden so wondered what you think many thanks

I have a centre led light that flickers green when using indicators etc . I never seen this error before flick switch in on fuel pump on then constant alarm and red light fast flicker press disarm turns immob off but noT the above warnings start car as normal .

No its a new problem i can here relay units clicking and as part of that clicking that centre led flashes red fast and constant loud beep it's weird because I never heard this on startup before. I recently changed battery alternator new belts cam and alt belt my head says it's warning me of something it's not happy with

Please can you add a photo of your key fob so that we can determine the type.

I recently changed battery alternator new belts cam and alt belt...

Same terminals on the new alternator as the old one?

What's the battery voltage at rest, minimum during cranking and at 4,000 rpm?

I suggest checking all of the relevant wires and connections: back in place and snug?

Jonathan

Ok will do to rule it out can I just remind though I'm not entirely sure it is immob issue . Hope it is but the sequence is flick switch fuel pump last click underneath waiting for unlock on fob before I can press that unlock tell tale led in centre of dash not stack flashes red fast and alarm tell tale starts I thought maybe by pressing unlock on fob it would cancel all this out but it doesn't it let's me start engine as normal and it's only then things return to normal I haven't started engine at all since that first happened just in case it was a warning not to start