Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roller Barrels on an EU3 Engine

EFA

Being an EU3 owner, I was a bit disappointed to find the much heralded "R300 Upgrade" was only available to EU2 owners. ☹️

I was also a bit shocked at the price! *eek* (Expecting something like 1700 quid-ish, not 3.5K)

Arnie, please could you explain what the salient differences are, and how you get round them. If this information is "secret" 😳, please mail to mike.molloy@trw.com.

Thanks,

Mike.

Thread hijack by "Caterham Aftersales"

Yes I know how to override the pin irrespective of what it is set to. Sadly I believe I have discovered a major bug with the PIN function in MBE's software.

I also know that the EU3 K can be made to work with wasted spark ignition, BUT its not as simple as it could be.......

We are going to do this to Counts car, and if he agrees (I doubt he won't) we will post a full portfolio of how to do this and who to send your loom to for mods, on the www.

Also be aware that itys not a £1700 job whatever way you do it. Sure you can do it with aftermarket throttle bodies and ecu from DVA, but your saving here will be lost (to a greater extent than the difference of using the Caterham parts) should you decide to trade your car in, in the future.

Fat Arn (the new K id on the block.......)

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Edited by - fat arnie on 10 Mar 2003 22:26:10