Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Thanks to all + Tonneau cover

CtrMint

I fitted my tonneau many years ago, but I can't remember whether you're supposed to drill into the chassis tubes (for the side-mounted fixings) or not.  So I can't be sure whether CC's precise measurements in the AG are designed to hit the underlying tubes or miss them. 

My memory lapse was beginning to bug me, so I thought it might help if I asked CC themselves:

"When I fitted my tonneau years ago, I followed the diagram in the Assembly Guide (see attached image -- the 19mm and 38mm measurements).  However, I can't remember whether this diagram showed where to drill in order to *hit* the chassis tube or to *miss* it.  I imagine the same would apply to the rear mount in front of the wheel arch?  If you could clarify this for me, I'd be most grateful."

Fittingatonneau.jpg.62d787933cb491e2af49975f5da23aaa.jpg

This was their very speedy and helpful reply (my emphasis):

"The upper front will not go into tube, the lower front may go into tube as it runs close and the rear one should go into tube.  Where there is a chance to go into tube we tend to start with an 1/8 drill, then if it goes into tube we will screw the base in. if it does not, then re-drill to 5/32 and rivet."

This reminded me of how I managed to hit the rear tube (which, at the time, I thought was an error on my part).

Hope all that helps you, Mark! 

JV