Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Possible over cooling, can't get enough heat from heater to drive in cold weather.

jcaswell

It looks like you've got the information you need now thanks to Bob.  I'm afraid I got frustrated trying to help as there was too much misleading information being posted.  Effectively you just need to ensure that each of the outlets on the back of the head have a route back to the inlet at the front of the block (pump impeller).  They have different functions to perform before they get there though:-

32mm connection goes through radiator

16mm on left side goes straight to inlet on block

16mm on right hand side goes through heater then to inlet on block

10mm is the bleed connector, runs to the top of the header tank

To minimise the plumbing these can be combined but only after they've done their respective jobs.

The larger connection on your header tank needs to be connected to a point on the system that has consistent supply to allow expansion of the system.  If you're smart with where you combine the other coolant runs you can minimise this run too.

I'd suggest drawing out your intended system before you spend any money on hoses/connectors etc.  If you post it I'm happy to take a look if you want.

Hi Jamie

If I am understanding you correctly your lower 32mm radiator pipe is in alloy and has 2 15mm outlets? 

If this is correct then you don't need to add another one, you can just use a 15mm T joiner to branch the heater hose into the 15mm feed from the bottom of your header tank.

I used the Car Builder Solutions T-piece mentioned above for mine, worked well. I had my header tank on the scuttle so put the T where the heater would have been, I cant see your header tank so assume it is at the front on yours?

heatervalve_0.jpg.65aec1feef78f2f291310c2f339c56d2.jpg Here is my heater valve I have installed, which hose should be the inlet to the heater. I have an old valve in a box that has and arrow for flow on the valve which is the bottom hose in picture. Is that correct or not.

• 2 weeks later...

The re-plumbing is done all new silicone hoses fitted, fresh anti freeze.and a new 90 degree thermostat. All is great have heat on demand now runs at around 90 degrees on gauge and lower on the road. Filled system from the expansion tank at the front and top heater connection no air locks and very Happy with out come. Thanks to everyone who offered assistance.