Click here if you are having website access problems ×

"New" wipers

Sheds Moderator

Are these new style wipers any good IE worth the upgrade and as Angus & Tessa have already asked can they be fitted to all cars or only later models.

I need to get new wiper blades for my 1990 car so should I consider changing to the new arms and wipers?

Big Al

(I'm not big and I'm not clever) *biggrin*

having a May 2002 SV I can't tell from the pictures on the Online Stores website if they're any different than what we have now on the car. Guess I'll make a phone call. If it's a just a matter of longer wiper surface / rubber I suspect I can source them

Steve

210Bhp SV-VHPD *thumbup* click here to see our pictures....

Well I was in the Dartford area today and being un-impressed with visibility when driving my Caterham in the rain decided I needed a new set of wiper blades. So I popped over to Caterham parts and made enquiries about the new wiper blades and arms. Upon bringing the new blades and arms out the blades did look better having rubber about twice as thick and a stronger metal runner. When I looked at the new arms they looked exactly like what is on the car, the method of connecting blade to arm was the same. I asked what was different and why I need to have new arms. The lad said the arms where bent a bit more so the blade sits better but ultimately could not justify why I needed the arms. So in the end decided I would only get the new blades. When I got home put the new blades straight on the old arms. When testing them they did just catch the top of the screen slightly but by bending the arm slightly in the fashion of the new arms or simply cutting a centimeter off of the arm that problem would be solved.

However new blades yet to be proved on the rain.

My advice do not bother with the new arms.

I have taken some digital pictures which I plan to post on my wbebsite as soon as I can but if anyone is desperate to see pics I can email them.

PS my car is a 1990 car and I have no reason to believe the wiper arms are not the originals.

Big Al

(I'm not big and I'm not clever) *biggrin*