Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sports cam support

paisesmediterraneos

Planning to do track days....7 club one at Castle Combe etc.....What measure of decibels should I expect from a Supersprint with a crossflow engine tuned by Vulcan to 140bhp?    I plan to get it measured at Thruxton on 5 March, but anticipate problems...I think I'll be asking for advice on how to make it quieter....will let you know.

Russ

My old x/flow (RKE 140bhp bored out to 1800cc) once measured 114db! but that was with the original Caterham 5" silencer with virtually no padding. When I upgraded to a 7" Techcraft silencer the noise dropped to around 97/98 db at 5,200 revs which was fine for trackdays. My guess is that it will all come down to how good the packing is in your silencer.

Castle Combe, from memory, is quite strict and I think their static noise test is 100db.

I've done a few track days using one I bought off eBay but it does not seem to be available from the same supplier.  The description was "Roll Bar Cage Handlebar Seatpost Bike Mount + 3-Way Pivot Arm for GoPro 5 4 3+ 3" which appears to find the same thing, or at least very similar.  It fits very nicely on the roll bar.

Steve