Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyre widths ........

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

How does the width of 205s (21Rs or 32Rs) compare to the ACB10s or CR500s on the rear of an SLR? Is this comparable?

It's been covered many times before, but is general opinion to go to maximum 7" wheel width for a 205, or to use a size approaching the full 8.5" aka SLR?

Stu.

I cant comment on how the 205 32R's width compares to ACB/CR500's , but I have got 32R 205's on 6" rim at present , the tyre is a little bulbous and I suspect that its creating a fair bit of sideway flex because of this .

I am about to uprate to 8" rims and I am again going to run 205's . I have seen 205's on 8"s and they have a nice vertical side wall , I have also seen them on 8.5" and they appear a little streched .

On the other hand the hard( only ones available ) compound 32R's in 215 width looked a perfect fit on 8.5" rims .

Hope this helps stu

dave

• Leadership Team

Thanks guys,

I am currently running 21Rs on 13" black minators, and am considering 205s on the rear. I think the only wider minator available is 7" although I'll check with George Polley. Dave, what rims are you considering in 8"?

Stu.