Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Round 02 Gurston Down.

Comp Sec

The regulations are now available in the competitors area and online entries can be made http://www.gurstondownentries.co.uk/

For the first in many years I won’t be at Gurston.

For those who have not competed at Gurston Down before, this is a two day event, One entry fee covers both days with most of the practice runs on the Saturday, and you must attend and complete sufficient practice runs on Saturday.

• 3 months later...

My run here 

The last run didn't quite get completed. :-o

I was my intention to go flat through Hollow. I had only just feathered the throttle in T1 - perfect line and very easy by cutting so much.

So with extra intent, I thought a little more grass on the right before corner entry was the way forward to achieve my target.  Not so! By taking the grass on the right I was too late to turn in to "cut" the grass on the left so hit the curb which did unsettle the car = deep breath! caught it and carry on.  

Then I wanted to make up time on the turn up the hill.  Too fast and the rear just let go.

In conclusion.  

I can and will do Hollow flat at around 103 mph next year conditions allowing.  (I don't actually think there is much time to gain here versus the small lift BUT its the thrill that counts).

Finally, after 2 events back on the Kumho I can now safely say that the slick shod car is front tyre limited and the Kumho cars are rear tyre limited.