Click here if you are having website access problems ×

high level brake light

andydavy

Couple of questions

1. Has anyone tried using something like this as a high level brake light

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Light-Strip-Tail-Brake-Stop-Turn-Signal-48LED-Flexible-Motorcycle-Universal3/183465845240?epid=9028290715&hash=item2ab76aa1f8:g:pzAAAOSwhN5bs-qe:rk:3:pf:0

2. Has anyone a photo of where the caterham sub loom attaches?

Many thanks in advance

• Leadership Team

No it's exactly as supplied: https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/surface-mount-slimline-led-third-brake-light-red-lens-280mm

The back of the light is flat and the roll bar is obviously round, so I added a thin strip cut from bonnet foam (~4mm wide) around the edge to fill the gap before fitting.

Stu.

• Leadership Team

The only downside to my fitment is that it’s hidden if a hood / half hood is fitted. I decided that on balance I preferred it fitted neatly to the top roll bar tube rather than the other mounting options that would make it visible with the hood fitted. Just personal choice though.

Stu.

Like most members I consider the high level brake light a good piece of safety kit which I am about to fit onto my seven.

Considering the above options-

Those that have fitted the Hella 40 LED or similar are the water proof? and can they be bonded onto the roll bar to give a tidy fix. (Best Bonding agent)

I did consider the  one of the Caterham Unit as currently have a spare wheel fitted but will probably remove it - then I noticed Caterham do a High Level Kit (2017) HLB04K. 

Does anyone have any info on this kit and does it fit directly to the roll bar?- I have standard bar fitted.

Thanks

I emailed CC about this kit, asking if the bracket fitted to the top member of the roll bar. However, the response received was:

No, this sits on top of the rear panel so the light sits just below the poppers.

If this is the case then it does not particularly render it high level - it would only be slightly higher than the rear light clusters. Have email back to explain this.