Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Starter Button Placement ?

SJL

I have just purchased a nice red starter button and spent some time perusing the archives for wiring diagrams - very useful

My question is where is the best place for it - my first thought was on the RHS of the wheel (so you can keep the left hand free for the gears) but theres not much room unless I place it right under the wheel. Whats everybody do ?

Many thanks

Mine is above the gear stick, centre of the dash. Directly above the button I have the ignition switch so starting the car involves lifting the aero cover flap in the switch, flipping up the main ignition and then prodding the starter button. To shut down quickly, the flap is spring loaded so you just swat that and it shuts everything down. Keys are for girls 😬

I don't care a sod about having the button ready to get going again quickly if you stall, I just care that this way it looks the dogs bollocks to any passenger and makes getting the car fired up that bit more special. I hear a lot of crap about the best location to start the car quickly but this way my hand would be on the gear stick anyway so right underneath the fire it up button. I think you get used to any position and it become second nature to get to the button quickly if ever needed in a race situation.

shrewdcookie - my site

I've placed mine on LHS, in line with the gears... as I often stall (lightened flywheel doesn't help) when pulling away from junctions (prob my idling is too low... or is it my driving 😬) it means I can go straight from gear sift to "gun"... also like it to stick out!

Tricks...aka darstardly

Y57 CDS "Mutley"