Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BDR Thermostat Housing Cap

Tazio

20190205_160514.thumb.jpg.bf53451f08abd8e28e72fe7402c436f6.jpg

As part of my migration to a pressurized expansion tank I am looking for a plain, non pressurized thermostat cap for my BDR, it needs to be round as per the picture as those with 'ears'  cannot be turned to close due to the closeness of the head. Distance from the centre of the cap to the head is 34mm.

Can anyone suggest a type that will fit?

best I can find is a stant 10206 which has 4 smaller turning 'grips' and rated at 7 PSI (need to check current rating - I'll go look in the BDR Haynes manual). There is a seller in Wellingborough you may be able to get dimensions from to see if it will clear the head?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STANT-10206-Radiator-Cap-7-psi-Pressure-Rating/352514122633?epid=26025841527&hash=item52137aa389:g:1GUAAOSwVXRb6xks:rk:1:pf:0

Neil,

The choices I have are to find a round blanking cap, with the pressure cap on the Rover expansion tank, or fit a Fiesta Mk 2 thermostat housing which has the required bleed hose connector that will go to the expansion tank. Clearly the simplest solution without disturbing anything is to find a round blanking cap, but so far I haven't found one.

Ian, the distance from the centre of the existing cap to the head is 34mm, so the stant 10229 will be too big.