Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

fuel filler hose Aero to tank

tbird

Thanks Anthony, have already replaced hoses, just can't get a decent seal with the existing jubilee clip so want to put a Mikalor hose clip on, it would be handy if Caterham listed ancilliary parts and sizes , i'm sure they used to 

Its a new tank and a new hose, so in theory all should be good, but will have another look for dings , its just when pouring petrol in some seems to get down between hose and neck of tank, doesn't take much to be stinky ;-)  have reseated several times, so putting it down to the way the jubilee clip is compressing the hose, hoping a Mikalor hose clamp will exert more uniform pressure 

new tank and hose, funnily enough I wondered about that, I was wondering if fitting the hose first to the tank end, and then fitting the filler thing and only then fitting the filler to the bodywork hole, so that all the little bending pressures are applied only after the jubilees have been fitted and thus sealed; basedvon when SM25 and me (mostly him :-) fitted a new hose and aero filler thing last year. Saying you fitted a new tank and hose kind of sounds like the filler cap itself was never removed; just guessing of course, so that would mean bending pressure will exist if you fit the hose with the filler still attached. 

everything was removed, Aero filler, hose Tank, then re assembled , i remember getting the Aero filler screws back in was a true PITA, but i can't remember at what point i tightened the tank end jubilee clip, but you could have a point , i will try tightening tank end before forcing Aero end to comply, certainly makes sense and can't do any harm 

Tim

On Anthony's and subsequently our car,

when we fitted the aero filler and new CC supplied hose ... the shaped hose was far too long. Had to cut a notch in one end to clear the smaller vent spigot tube. That relieved the stress in the otherwise deformed hose trying to get it between tank and filler neck. Sealed a great.