Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale Live axle cage on ebay

Wrightpayne

Made £105, which I think is a bargain! I paid £76 for my tall roadsport cage many years ago, also an absolute bargain. Both should have been £250+ IMHO.

Paul - re modification.....

1) Typically need a new boot cover if moving from an FIA bar as the tubes are thinner diameter and/or different angle on the cage. I'd fit the cage then decide if you need a new boot cover.

2) You will need to drill holes in the side skins / inner panels through to the threaded bushes in the chassis at the forward edge of the door aperture. On a right hand drive car the passenger side always has the bush for the FIA petty strut and 'usually' has one on the drivers side too. It would be prudent to drill out a few rivets on the inner skin and check for the bushes inside - this also helps identify where to drill holes in the ally for the large fixing bolts.

3) You may want to remove the knee trim panels if you have them - some cages have extra plates that bolt through the dashboard meaning the trim panels cannot be removed without taking the cage off.

4) Finally, if you have a tonneau this will need replacing or modifying to fit around the forward legs of the cage.

I have a tall roadsport cage on a 1998 dedion chassis and retain the windscreen and doors. 

Hope that helps.

Ian