Click here if you are having website access problems ×

210 bhp SLR

R500 CYA

There is a possibility that my beloved SLR will need to be sold in the spring and therefore I am inviting offers.

The car was originally built by Caterham as a Challenge car and campaigned for two years. It was then sold and raced very successfully for a further two years.

I bought the car last spring as a project and have completely rebuilt it.

This involved stripping the car back to the bare chassis, a full Arch reskin, new wiring loom, and restoring the car to road standard.

Spec:

1998 SLR with refreshed engine (by Minster) DVA head gasket, dry sump, roller barrells, R500 primaries with techcraft 7" silencer and MBE ignition set up by SBD.

Conservatively giving 210 bhp at 8000 pm.

Big rad, silicon hosing, six speed with 3.62 diff, watts linkeage, big brakes, additional rear brake cooling, (rear brakes are standard SL with 25 degree ears and handbrake mechanism, but also supplied with original 0 degree ears and AP race calipers) and a 10 gallon fuel tank.

Plastic nose (two of them) and plastic wings (two sets) CF dash, standard instrumentation, two scuttles (one fitted with JPE screen and the other with Vx race screen), metal passenger tonneau and boot tonneau, tillet drivers seat and low back passenger race seat, tall FIA bar.

Comes with a set of R500 wheels wearing ACB's, SLR wheels wearing CR500's and some spare slicks.

It is 1975 Porsche orange, with black nose and wings, and black Blade style small head lights.

The car is still in bits at the moment, all the work has been completed, I just have to put it all back together. I am allowing a conservative deadline of April for completition and SVA.

It will have done 0 road miles and be road registered non Q.

I do not want to sell this car but there is a possibility that I will have too, therefore I am inviting enquiries from those willing to speculate.

Send me an email with an offer and any questions you may have.

I am not willing to split any parts.

Nick

☹️

Nick,

I'm inbetween Sevens and browsing around at the moment for a SL or similiar. I happen to be in the UK this weekend (going in a minute) and am looking at a few cars tomorrow. I could be passing West Sussex tomorrow morning and I wouldn't mind having a look even if it is a pile of bits. If that would be convenient let me have your phone number and I'll ring through for the e-mail response later. If tomorrow isn't convenient I'll be over again in a month.

Let me know.

Cheers

Inbetween 7's - anyone flogging a Superlight 🤔

Ian,

Sorry I am working this weekend, back on Monday. That said, the car doesn't come back from the paint shop until Wednesday anyway.

Working next weekend as well unfortunately, but I am free the follwing two weekends after that. Gimme a call if you like 07966 227931.

Nick

Nick

on a serious note I could be interested, I'm having a rethink of the whole garage at the moment, playing with the idea of a Rotary 7 or the new Birkin IRS or an XTR2 so a road going 7 might be on the list

I'll add it to my list of options and get back to you

btw

Some important things to consider;

1. You have to keep it at least a year to get something back for all the effort you've put in

2. Life isn't forever, infact it ain't that long at all

3. Your boy will survive with a government funded education (I mean he appreciates Ferraris already so he has a goal to aim at!)

4. I'm still waitig ot see if you can beat my laptime at Goodwood *smile*

5. What are you going ot use ot impress all those Virgin girls *cool*

Mark

Mark,

You are so right, now if you could just persuade my wife to think that way.......!

I really have no desire to sell it after the considerable amount of blood and sweat that has gone into it, but it George DubYa that is the problem, perhaps if you could tell him the problems he is causing me at the moment 🙆🏻

Anyway, in answer to your points:

1. Too bloody right, although I'd do it all again, it has been a brilliant project

2. Have you flown with me? Clearly you have *eek*

3. Boy started government education yesterday and loved it! Only 177 pupils in the school and two thirds are girls. Those are my sort of odds. Insisted on taking his "Rarri" with him though. Must buy him a new one as it's a yellow 348. No class that boy.

4. Oh yes the gauntlet is laid down. Def can't sell now!

5. Ah the Virgin girls. One of them told me I was quite old last week. I'm 32! She was born in the 80's. Gone right off them now. Well sort of. No that's a total lie. I think the Ferrari would do more for them though. And if was rich. And didn't have man breasts. And not a pilot!

Anyway, it's too fast for you, so I'd better keep it (fighting talk!)

Nick

Mark

I'll let you know, It won't be for a while, I'm hoping to try the Birkin in April so i'[ll give you a shout around then if it's in the plan

Nick

Keep an eye on your porch, should be a small delivery there Tuesday!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Nick,

I think your car will be just out of my budget, but I am interested and would be grateful if you could e-mail me with your thoughts on what you would be seeking to part company with it.

My email address: gareth@johnsonfellows.co.uk

Many thanks

Nick,

Been a little slow getting to this thread but am interested in the car. I live in Pulborough so am very close to you.

Some pics would be great and maybe even a viewing??

Thanks.

Mark.