Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sacrilege/anathema/nontraditional 7 acoutrements?

yankeedoodoo

Has anyone ever put those nifty little pencil beam zenon headlights on their 7. The obvious effects being increased visibility, lower weight, and better aerodynamics/lower cd. And then there's the non-traditional appearance response. Should I now be pilloried for being a rebellious yank or banned from future postings 'til I sober up, or what? Doesn't seem such a bad idea to this ignorant colonial lad. Just takes the 5" diameter bike light conversion a bit further. OK, FIRE AWAY!!!!! *cool*

bloody americans, they'll be claiming they invented the seven next, just like concord and garlic bread etc etc etc...

just leave it alone....

Actually didn't caterham do something for one of the 24hr races with some different lights?@ seem to remember seeing it at brands hatch (festival) last year?

Yankee, "better aerodynamics"? Oh yes, I'm sure it will make a big difference because the original 7 has such good aerodynamics, with a CD of 0.67ish *confused*

Hey, it's your car, whatever turns you on. I'm not one of those hairshirt traditionalists who says "I own an original 1957 Deathonastickmobile, you remember, the ones with the brakes that they had to modify for '58 following the great disaster of Detroit, of course mine still has the original '57 brakes, I wouldn't change them for the ones that actually stop the car because that wouldn't be original..." I mean please. If you think it makes it a better car then go for it. Most importantly it won't take you too long to do...and that means more time on the road!

were I still living in NE Texas I'd mount a machine gun for all the inbred mutant 4X4 lunatics there that I could just drive under. and a box of roofing nails mounted in the middle of the spare wheel to flatten their tyres.

but I live in the UK, so I can dream can't I 😬 😬

Steve

210Bhp SV-VHPD *thumbup* click here to see our pictures....

I can't comment...

Mavis is probably the only car with a Fireblade engine and bench seats, Magnesium rocker cover and wooden steering wheel *cool*

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

The Club Calendar for this month shows a Seven with much smaller headlights than are the norm. That's because it's a Series 1. So there seems to be a precedent for small lights. However, I seem to remember that when you dip the headlights on a Series 1, the right one goes out! By design!

Yankeedoodoo, if you go down the route of reducing your lights, please will you post a picture or two on here, so that we can admire/object to them. Thanks.

Yankee:

I have seen just what you are questioning. It was done by a GM engineer in Detroit. It looks non traditional. At first sight it looks like there are no headlamps on the car. Contact me if you want more info.

"Looks like there are no headlamps on the car" - so it'd look like a Superlight race car - which I've heard few objections about. Or a Lotus 6 (?) with the headlamps in the grill. Didn't later models of LCC's Rocket have pop-up Caterham-style headlamps?

Do as you wish - we're all individuals ("I'm not...", etc.)