Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Default setting of the post notification box?

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Is it feasible that the post notification tick box could be set to a default setting such that notifications are not received unless the box is ticked? Can this apply to both new threads and posting on existing threads?

Stu.

• Area Representative

Stuart

If I understand correctly you are receiving notifications on posts you have commented on. 

You can change this in your profile. Go into edit mode and it is in "Advanced Settings".

Hope this is what you are after.

• Leadership Team

No I'm not receiving notifications, the tick box in the advanced settings is already unticked, but every time I post I need to untick a notification box for the individual thread. Surely the default setting should be that the box is already unticked?

Stu.

IMG_0399.thumb.PNG.26e0e4282f98b6b9179a654e07ea1dc7.PNG

• Area Representative

Stuart

My posts have the box unticked. I'd post a screen shot if I knew how to do it. I'm sure I changed this option in advanced settings. Are you saving your change when you edit your profile?  I'll have my computer at AR forum and will demonstrate unless you have sorted beforehand. 

• Support Team

Hi Stu, you need to change the “Receive comment follow up notification emails” to “no notifications”. This will turn off the check box for all future posts. You can tick the box for threads you would like to receive notifications about. 

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...