Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Metal P clips with 10mm mounting hole - SORTED - thanks to BC

Tazio

I am looking for some P clips to fix my stater cable out of the way of the primaries., and wanted to use the bellhousing to block bolts as the fixing points.  Try as I might I haven't been able to finds a local supplier, that can supply P clips with a 10mm hole for the bolts, they seem to all be 6mm, nor after trawling through ebay have I been able to find any...

Anyone know where I can get some ?

Related question - my braided brake hose goes along the top of the de-dion tube, held in place by cable ties around the tube.  A bit of a bodge! If I take out the de-dion as part of  my strip/ rebuild, could the tube be drilled to take P clips and self tapping screws?  Or is drilling holes in the de-dion not recommended?  Would riveting P-clips be a way?   

Related question - my braided brake hose goes along the top of the de-dion tube, held in place by cable ties around the tube.  A bit of a bodge! If I take out the de-dion as part of  my strip/ rebuild, could the tube be drilled to take P clips and self tapping screws?  Or is drilling holes in the de-dion not recommended?  Would riveting P-clips be a way?   

"The original Caterham instruction with my car was to secure using cable ties, but later cars have holes pre drilled on top of de dion tube for P clips."

Jonathan