Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tonneau cover fittings

GPBox

Hi all, on the assumption (which may be wrong) that I can drive with the passenger side of the Tonneau only fitted..should I be using 'lift the dot' fastners ?

Tried this today, with my aero and the cover front poppers all popped open as the wind got under the cover...

if I can use 'lift the dot' / directional poppers....which direction should they 'face'..ie where is the lifting pressure coming from..assume not the front as the leading edge of the tonneau is behind the aero screen...

cheers Graham

PS - other than Soft bits 4-7's, any good source for these poppers ?

G

• Area Representative

I use "pull the dot" fasteners on my passenger side tonneau, with no aero screen on that side.

I have three pull the dot fasteners along the top edge of the scuttle, and a single one in the centre of the car at the back, and standard poppers in the other positions. It's always been secure.

• Area Representative
The lift comes from the middle. So you will need to lift the dot from the perimeter.

I run with the passenger tonneau in place and have done so for 20 years, the tonneau only started lifting off in recent times. So I conclude that poppers and studs wear out.

Hi Stephen, are you using 'pull the dot' or 'lift the dot' fastners ?....the pull the dot I think are the 'directional' clips....

if you are talking about 'list the dot' ..how do you fix them to the car ...assume they cannot be riveted ?

tx Graham