Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale *** SOLD *** VVC 160 Engine Complete Upgrade Package For EU2 or EU3 K Series *** SOLD ***

revilla

Caterham VVC 160 EU3 Engine
Complete Upgrade Package
For EU2 or EU3 K Series Caterhams​
Drive In, Drive Out

In the early days of my Caterham ownership I built a spare EU3 VVC 160 engine. The engine is installed on a testbed complete with fuel, exhaust, cooling and electrical systems and has been run up to temperature regularly. I’ve since upgraded the specification of the engine in my car, and got a bit carried away with spare parts … and built two more upgraded spare engines! So I’m now in a position where the original spare engine is unlikely ever to be installed in the car and I’m (reluctantly) contemplating selling it on to fund other developments.

Given that the engine is up and running on a testbed, I am offering it for sale as a complete drive-in drive-out upgrade package for any Caterham with a K Series engine (either EU2 or EU3). To include the engine, compatible VVC EU3 wiring loom, ECU MFRU, immobiliser and key fobs, all ancillaries such as inlet manifold and plenum, throttle body, air filter, water rail, exhaust manifold, alternator and belts (but not bell housing or starter motor, for which you would use your existing parts), Caterham wet sump with oil pickup, baffle and gasket, all electric sensors and solenoids etc. Plus all the labour to do the engine swap with you, fit the wiring loom and ECU, any tweaks and modifications required to suit your car and get it all up and running and send you on your way with a smile on your face.

As the wiring loom, ECU and ancillaries are included, this package should replace any existing Caterham K Series installation, whether EU2 or EU3. It's a complete package, everything you need.

I’ll fit a brand new set of Gates PowerGrip cam belts to go and I’ll even throw in a service with brand new plugs, fluids and an oil filter.

See here for full details, photographs, video, specifications and pricing.

Thanks for looking!

Yes Ian it does. If you click the link to the full advert, I've covered this in there including a link to the lowered mount on the CC website. It might also need a different clutch cable in an S3 as the rigid adjustment section at the pedal end can contact the plenum but I've got that all in hand *smile*

My email address is andrew.d.revill@googlemail.com - feel free to contact me directly.

@DavidL I cannot reply to your private message, please email me at the address above. The short answer to your question is that I'm pretty sure there's no problem whatsoever with that, there are people I know who have done it and I'm sure they would be happy to advise if there are any minor points we would need to be aware of.

Answers to a few questions I've been asked:

1. I'm near Loughborough, Leicestershire.
  2. This applies to 21s as well as 7s.
  3. No I don't expect your old engine in exchange. If however your old engine is left stranded in my garage for a while that's not a problem, I'll find a safe place to keep it until you can collect.

My instinct is that this is a remarkably good deal. I have never seen a used engine offered with such comprehensive test results. Even professional builders of high repute that I have used have not documented their engines anywhere near as well. If I were in the market, I'd snap up this offer ASAP......

If you are a novice Seven owner with no experience of engine swaps, I've little doubt that Andrew would let you watch and learn (subject to mutually agreeable timings of course). An extra incentive to buy if you can arrange it!

• 3 weeks later...