Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stanchion Mounting Help

Brightonuk

Trying to add a stanchion to my superlite but do not have any position guidelines

Can someone offer me the measurements from the front leading edge of the scuttle to the center of the mounting hole on the stanchion and from the rear as well.

Or just a close up photo of a mounted stanchion

Thanks 

Thanks  

Nope I had the old style aero that was held in across the top of the scuttle so I do not have any holes in the side  

Are the holes pre drilled on current ones as I do not se anything in the build manual

I dont think it needs to be that exact as I am adding Brooklands and using a new style Aero on track days but I would like to be close.

In addition do I use Rivenuts to attach it (using the supplied bolts) or a nut and washer?

There is - or at least used to be - a folded metal bracket available, which fitted into the channels inside the scuttle edges, where if is fixed to the top rail; that bracket having captive nuts, for cars that didn’t already have them. (Actually, I think they were made available before they became a standard figment, but you get the idea...)