Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Haynes manual for Sigma 310

MalcolmK

The 1.6 Sigma Ti VCT engine has been widely used in Fiesta, Focus, C Max and Mondeo.  A manual that is applicable to production cars from around 2014/2015 with the 120 / 125 PS engine variants should get you close to the mark.

You are probably best using the Haynes manual as a guide for engine disassembly, torque settings, and routine servicing operations, but I would stick with the service schedule outlined in your CC Owners Handbook.  Off the top of my head differences will be induction, exhaust, engine mapping, cams, spark plugs, sump, drive belt tensioner.

Just remember the timing used by Caterham is not necessarily the timing used by Fords, so you might not be able to use the locking tool at the back on the cams etc.   I know this is the case for the 125, it's been discussed on here before.  Not 100% sure about the 140 / 150 / 310 etc.    The 125 used a standard ford cam with timing adjusted, the 140/150/310 us a different cam, so that might mean the timing marks are still relevant. 

Malcolm, whenever you get round to checking the spark plugs, I'd be interested to find out what make and type of spark plugs are fitted to your 310?

I'd also mention that, depending when it was published, a Haynes Manual may not have the correct spark plug gap setting.  The original spec was 1.3mm, for optimum emissions, but this was later superseded in a service instruction to 1.0mm due to problems with coil pack durability.

Hi

thanks for the replies, I can check spark plugs and will advise.

i am happy to document the process when I do it but it won’t be very soon. My car is just 2 months old and 2000 miles. I am just planning ahead 

cheers

Malcolm

• 6 months later...

Hi

I need to resurrect this because I am interested in being able to set the Cams .

Previous replies suggested the Haynes manual will not cover this.

Can anybody advise whether there are suitable instructions, or setting tools that will help with this?

Thanks

Malcolm