Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacement Immobilise Fob

A7 OOH

I need to replace a lost Immobiliser fob for my 2005 1800 Roadsport.( Rover Robust System)

My working fob is a Lucas 17TN which are readily available but what is involved in mating this with the existing immobiliser and ECU3.

Gordon

1. I can't find the answer in the archives.
  2. The instructions from the Assembly Guide, but I think that they only describe how to resynchronise a fob, not the original pairing.
  3. So I've just taken one apart... and there isn't a set of switches from which the pattern can be copied.
  4. There are some experts mentioned somewhere in the Honest John forums.

Jonathan

You need a key programmer such as a T300+ which can put the Lucas 5AS immobiliser into code learning mode, then you operate each of the fobs you need to match a number of times and the 5AS learns the codes. It's a bit of a fiddly process. Sometimes takes several attempts.

I've got the kit, I've done quite a few now and I'll happily do it for you if you want?

I've also got spare fob circuit boards and batteries  (you can buy the case and button sets for about £3 on eBay).

I'd need the immobiliser unit (which takes 5 minutes to remove) and the existing fob (as the programming process wipes the memory of any existing fobs, so you need to have ALL the fobs present when programming), or I could do it in situ in the car - where abouts are you?