Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec Noise

BeingOriginal

My next task on the car is one of noise reduction so I can attend a track day.

The car is currently fitted with a 7" Edwards Motorsport silencer (no cat) I've repacked the silencer with acousta-fil and I've lost 8-10db from idle but from a quick check with a phone app it's still registering c113db @4k and c118db @6k (rev limit 8750) measured at 45 degrees and 1m.

Appreciate the phone will be inaccurate but my feelings is I'll still be comfortably over the 105db I need (I've ordered a db meter and will try to get to Brands Hatch to have the car properly tested) but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions to quieten it down?

regards

Dan

• Support Team

What spec engine is it? I'm using a RaceCo long (950mm) silencer on my 260bhp engine and record less than 105dBA even at Goodwood. Not sure it will fit on standard manifold pipes - I've got a RaceCo through the bonnet manifold system but they aren't available anymore (the silencers are available).

• Support Team

Similar spec to mine then (mines a Raceline engine). Have a word with Mike Riley at RaceCo and see if he can make a long silencer to fit your car - that should get you below 105. Of course induction might also be an issue and the cams and cam timing could be different to my car so no guarantees.