Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bulk buy - Duratec engines

AMMO

I desperately want one of these for myself. The cheapest I can get one at the moment is £1740.00 + VAT + delivery. This is for a brand new engine 2 litre engine. If I can get orders for five engines I should be able to get them cheaper. Possibly around £1,600.00 + VAT. Anyone interested?

AMMO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oversquare design, large ports, large valves, ali block, chain driven cams. 185-190 bhp out of the box with no internal modifications with just addition of throttle bodies. 220-240 bhp easily achieved with the potential to make more if you are willing to throw money at it. Cast in cylinder liners, so nothing to jiggle around. A new engine which will probably be around for the next ten years.

AMMO

There are lots of bits to buy to install the engine, not to mention that the exhaust exits on the wrong side. Minister are quoting in excess of £10,000 to buy and install the engineon their website. Can be done for a lot less if you shop carefully. Scholar do kit that includes a dry sump, throttle bodies, ECU and loom for £2,500 + VAT. You then need engine mounts, exhaust system and bellhousing plus other things Ihaven't thought of yet. 5-6K total including engine?

AMMO

I`d love to put my name down for this bulk buy but I`m trying to find a low mileage used duratec at the moment which should hopefully keep the costs down a bit.

As for cost I have lloked into it and a 190bhp engine using a second hand duratec should be able to be fitted to a se7en for about £5000 and that`s using Raceline parts.....so if you look a bit further it should be even cheaper. I would have thought fitting a zetec would cost much the same.

Tim.....sort your signature out 😬

Simon

S2 8ELL

Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp

I've also been looking for good low mileage econd hand units but with no luck. I've tried all my contacts in the trade and even the guys that build the Super 1600 Rallye engines for Ford had to pay £1,800.00 + VAT for a new one.

AMMO

I`ve had a couple of offers also using a similar service. I`m going to do a trawl round our local breakers yards and see what they have first. I`m trying to get hold of one before everyone catches on that they are going to be pretty popular with the se7ens crowd.

Simon

S2 8ELL

Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp

Dear AMMO!

A couple of moths ago I investigated trying to get a Duratec engine for my seven type car. I responded to an add in Findit. I made contact with a chap, Mark Robinson wo seemed quite helpful. He seemed to be able to get hold of Duratec engines readily. Mark's email address is mark_petro@lineone.net.

I suggest you contact Mark. He was offering engines for £1000, Mark thought he could get quite a few. Seems too much cheaper than you have been offered! Worth asking questions.

Have fun.

Keep the revs up.

Mark S.

Thanks for all your help guys. I've already spoken to Mark Robinson, someone gave me his mobile number. He no longer has access to these engines but promised to call me if the situation changes. I've put my name down with a couple of breakers who will call me if anything comes along.

I've been given a few telephone numbers to try today. Problem is that these engines are still quite new and there is quite a demand for them.

AMMO

I researched the Duratec several months ago and posted a some pertinent information about it in this thread that some of you might find interesting.

Based on my research I bought a 2.0L Duratec last Fall to replace the crossflow in my Westfield. I had originally hoped to have the engine in place by now, but I recently bought a new tin top and so need to sell a car to make room in the budget. BTW I have a couple of photos of the engine with the cam cover and sump removed that I will upload to my website if people are interested.

-John

Throttle Steer

Edited by - JohnCh on 6 Mar 2003 16:03:12

Ooooops.

I seem to have purchased two Duratec engines! I told two different breakers that if they got one in I would definately take them. Two phone calls today, so maybe not so difficult to get hold of after all! As I am a man of my word I have bought them both. Engines arriving Tuesday. One is coming to my house so I can measure it and go and look at it in the middle of the night when I get some weird ideas. The other is going to Holbay so I can strip it and have a poke around. May end up building two engine specs and testing them back to back at Scholars so I can compare them to their Sports 2000 engines.

This is very exciting. Cant wait. 😬 😬 😬

AMMO