Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED Replacement bulbs

Scottart

I'm thinking of changing all the rear bulbs ( turn, brake, fog, reverse etc ) and the front turn, side bulbs with LED replacements - has anyone done this ? I see there are companies that offer complete LED light assemblies, ( which look excellent ) but wanting to keep the cost down !

Also, do I need to ensure using the correct LED 'temperature'/ colour if using behind the exiting red/orange lenses ? eg I read that using white LEDs behind red lenses is not that great ?

Stephen

Hi Scott

Give Duncan a call at classiccarleds.co.uk.

All done on mine, all light bulbs front and back. He runs a small but excellent service from home in Bristol.

Mention julian berry when you contact him. He may give you a discount if you mention the L7C.

I have clear lenses and H4 headlight bulbs too.

Best simple upgrade and better and cheaper than CCars stuff.

Cheers Julian

1. What Julian says. Buyers seem very satisfied.
  2. NB You may need a different flasher unit for the indicators.
  3. Also, do I need to ensure using the correct LED 'temperature'/ colour if using behind the exiting red/orange lenses ? eg I read that using white LEDs behind red lenses is not that great ?

Possibly: reports vary.

Please could you take some comparison photos when you've done one side, both on and off axis? 

​Jonathan

Hi Jonathon.

I have clear lenses with red and amber bulbs.

Sorry no standard bulbs to compare with or standard lenses.

I have had many comments of the performance of the bulbs as compared to the others including the very poor items caterham sell.