Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Tunnel Cover Fitting

Piers300

• Area Representative

I have bought a new prop shaft tunnel cover for my R300K. The original tunnel cover was damaged by the Tillet seats cutting into it on both sides. The original Tillet seats were removed some time ago and replaced with leather seats.  So, I now want to remove the old tunnel cover and fit the new one.

I am assuming that I have to somewhere release the cable on the centrally mounted handbrake lever to get it near vertical and undo any holding screws, before it can be removed.

Can someone advise the best way to do this? Do I need to remove the seats and where are the captive screws holding the cover in place?

I got fed up with loosening the handbrake adjuster. I cut the stitching under the handbrake cover and found if I pulled the brake on hard, I could just get it off. Before refiting it I put a couple of press stud fasteners on to make it easy to remove in future.I

Duncan

• Area Representative

Yes. Use the adjuster to allow handbrake to go vertical. You will probably need to remove the “grip” from the handbrake and also remove knob from gear lever. May be a grub screw on gear knob. Some tunnel covers have no fasteners. Others have 2 self tappers into rear bulkhead at bottom. Shouldn’t need to remove seats but may need to pull them forward d a little on runners.