Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Armrests

Downlands

Hi Tim,

Yes very easy to fit.  You will need the escutcheons from Caterham as well.

Offer the rest up to the door in situ so that you can identify the three rivets which will need to come out to fit the escutcheon. This will be the middle hole that the spike (under the armrest) will fix into and two on either side to locate it.  Drill all three out rivets from the interior trim panel.

Then slide the escutcheon down between the rubber trim and the sill protector.  Either drill through the two outer rivet holes in situ (though I found the escutcheon quite difficult to drill through though my drillbit may have been a little blunt) or mark the holes in the escutcheon, remove and drill.

Once drilled, relocate and rivet back in the two outer rivet holes to fix in place. You may need to drill the middle hole out a little more to help the spike fit in nicely.

Then position, drill and fix the armrest to the door. Thundersports were very helpful with supplying the correct black plastic nuts and bolts if you need them.

Really nice having the armrests - I feel it gives a bit more elbow room as you can rest your elbow further into the door.

Cheers,

David

I found the escutchions impossible to drill, but maybe my drill bit was also toast. I just gently hammered them when in place and they clamp / hold by themselves. I did auger out the middle hole in bodywork to make the armrest spike fit through more easily though.