Click here if you are having website access problems ×

EU2 Immobiliser and ECU wanted

paul jacobs

Does anyone have a redundant MEMS ECU and matching immobiliser from a 115bhp 1600 K series, that they don't require any longer. My old [1997] ECU and current spec immobiliser can't be made to work together according to Caterham, so I desperatley need another matching pair to get my engine running again.

The other option is if anyone has an Emerald ECU that is now surplus to requirements and they want to sell.

All offers of help gratefully considered.

Thanks

Paul.

Back in the fold with my new Black/Ali. 1600K Seven reg'n A7 YEP, looking good for spring take off!

Paul, I think that I have an EU3 and immobiliser for a 133bhp 1.6K SS. I don't know if that would work or not. I will be visiting my car in a week or so. Let me know if it will do.

Cheers Rupe

Click here to see pics of my 7 on a Sri Lankan beach p21 *cool*

Rupe, Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Unless anyone knows better, I don't think the EU3 pair will work properly and I will also have plug compatability problems I think. Thanks for the offer though.

I still need a matching pair, so all of you who have upgraded, dig in your attics for that old ECU and immobiliser.

Thanks all.

Paul J.

Back in the fold with my new Black/Ali. 1600K Seven reg'n A7 YEP, looking good for spring take off!

Tony, I tried to mail you off list, but couldn't get my message accepted.

I never know how much things like this are worth, but does £40:00 incl P&P sound about right?

Regards

Paul J.

I'm not sure that it really is worth that much Arnie. The scrapyards are filling up fast with Rover cars with MEMS units now, with K series engine which no longer work due to head gasket problems etc. The ECU is also one of the first things to be changed when an engine is upgraded too. Besides which, if I was going to spend that much I would rather go the whole way and get an Emerald unit now, so that it is already in place for any future upgrades.