Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall 1.6L lates 90's Weber carbs and ECU questions

Jitterbug

Hi All,

I am fitting a 1.6L Caterham Vauxhall engine, completely stock from the factory into my Westfield Pre Lit (plastic pig). The engine was supplied without carburetors, reading online I can see that they came with twin Weber Carburetors. I believe twin 40 DCOEs but I do not know what the spec of the carbs is / was, or more basically if all carbs are created equal?  

My car originally had a crossflow engine, my plan is to fit a new loom throughout as I am rebuilding the car, and I will need some form of engine management for the electronic ignition that would not be compatible with my existing wiring harness. I am told reliably that lots of imperial caterham parts will fit onto my car, and my naive plan was to source a caterham loom and fit it. Caterham parts have basically told me that they do not keep records before 2007, but they can get me a price on a loom as a special order item.

Does anybody here know what carbs I need? What engine management there was from the factory for this engine? and anywhere else I might be able to source a loom from? even if the loom is just to cover the engine bay. 

I have lots of other questions but I will spare these to keep this post at a readable level! 

Any help greatly appreciated, 

Best Regards

Mike