Click here if you are having website access problems ×

London Triathlon and Alzheimer's Society - what's the connection?!

Blue_SV

I rather rashly agreed to do the London Triathlon with two friends on 5th August this year - while many of you are enjoying Harewood.  So, I thought I should try to raise money for a good cause, and Alzheimer’s seemed like a good option. My grandfather had Alzheimer’s in the early 1980’s when little was known about it, and my Aunt currently suffers with it.  Alzheimer’s Society provided good practical advice and equipment to enable my Aunt to carry on living independently, and they fund research into its causes and treatment.

I’ve never done a full Triathlon and hadn’t quite realised when I said yes, what the distances involved were….  So the swim is 1500m in Victoria Dock *yuck*, then 40km road cycling to Westminster , followed by a 10km run..  I’m definitely not an athlete, so this will be quite a challenge for me!  'Coach' Jon is also supporting the cause and missing Harewood to urge me along....

The event is now looming up this Sunday, so I’m a bit apprehensive  - some support will help keep me going!  You can donate  to Alzheimer's directly via my fundraising page:

https://www.justgiving.com/Charlotte-Johnston6

You can also donate by text if you prefer, text CMJS55 £10 (or £1, £2, £5) to 70070

Any donation is much appreciated, however small or large! 

Thank you for your support!

Charlotte