Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted:- k series engine loom

Richard Price

• Area Representative

(Subject edited to remove reference to any specific model)

I'm currently investigating an engine transplant, where an EU2 VVC engine is to be replaced with a modified engine running jenveys and an MBE 967.

The existing EU2 VVC loom is to stay with the VVC engine.

The wiring loom that is currently being used with the engine to be transplanted is a bit messy ( it has had additional connectors fitted to aid quick engine changes, but makes the engine bay untidy, and leaves scope for ureliability) and has an adaptor between the EU3 loom to ECU connectors, and the MBE, making it even less tidy. 

I'm looking for standard engine loom that I can then modify to remove the redundant stuff, and fit an MBE connector direct to the loom.

So, I'm looking for an unmodified K series engine loom. I can cope with either EU2,EU3, as most of the bits that are unique to either will be modified or removed anyway.

Does anyone have anything that may be of use to me?

Richard,

The MBE loom is quite simple so it won't be a huge problem to make one yourself if you find a donor off any K-series. The connector for the ECU is available from SBD.

I would also avoid the MFRU and use ordinary relays which are easier to replace if anything goes wrong.

/regin

• Area Representative

RJ,

'just "testing the water".

Yes, I know I can buy a plug for an MBE, but was wanting to minimise the work. Its not for myself, its to go with my son Tom's engine (the existing loom is not at all pretty, and has an adaptor from the original modified EU3 loom to the existing MBE )

Actually, I could do with a hybrid, so, i think I'm really looking for an EU2 loom and an EU3 loom to strip and merge into a single loom using the existing head mounted coils for wasted spark.

I actually took the EU3 loom and fitted the MBE connector to it. I re-used the plug for the coils and injectors as this makes it easier to remove the head with the loom still in place (and I've done that a few times - latest over the weekend).

Min is not pretty either, but once I get to building my new engine it will be run by an EFI Euro 4 ECU, so I can't really be bothered as long as it doesn't fail.

• 2 weeks later...