Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Holes in side screen.

mossy7

so, my factory build is finished and ready for IVA at CC. It's booked in for 30th July. ( can't wait!!) 

One of the first jobs when I get it is to fit those nice mirror brackets that Ivan has sorted. Now, that potentially leaves me 4 holes, 2 each on both side screens when I remove the Standard CC mirrors fitted after the IVA. The burning question is... what do I use to cover these holes neatly that looks like proper job or do I ask CC not to fit the mirrors after the IVA so there are no holes in the first place? ( this option precludes the easy re fitment of the mirrors to the side screen if I wanted to which is highly unlikely but...)

I know this is what's known as a "first world problem" but it is part and parcel of owning a 7. Any suggestions? 

The hole for the mirrors are not drilled in the side screen, but the hole is drilled in the metal structure of the side screen, so its easy to do post IVA.   If it was my car I would ask CC not to move the mirrors to the side screens post IVA.   

Why not give CC a call. If they have already fitted the standard door mirror mounts to you car side screens (they come from different suppliers) explain that you don't want these fitted and ask if they will swap for a couple of virgin doors on the basis that any doors prepped for your car can be put onto the next due factory build order.

Make sure they pop the mirror mounts and mirrors in the boot for future use.

Not sure this helps, but personally I have not moved the mirrors since the IVA.  Mine was self build and I decided I could see better with the mirrors on the Iva stalks on the windscreen rather than on the doors.  So I never drilled the doors.  When I remove the doors the mirrors are still there.  Only real drawback of this is you cannot swing the doors up against the bonnet but you soon get used to that.