Click here if you are having website access problems ×

misfire query

monsterchub

I had a misfire problem so was advised to unplug the water temperature sensor and lambda sensor also to see if it made any difference, it went away and now runs fine. My question is would it be o.k. to continue to run with both sensors unplugged or do i need to replace one or the other a.s.a.p. ? (Rover k series 1.8) Ive been on the caterham site for replacement and guess what? they are out of stock. Anywhere else I can source a suitable temp gauge?

You do need to replace them. First try to find out which one is the problem by reconnecting just one, then just the other. My money would be on the lambda but you won't know until you do the test. Is it EU2 or EU3 (coil packs on top of plugs)? Coolant temperature sensor should be this https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/oem-coolant-temp-sensor-brown-mek100060-k-series-engines-200-400 Lambda will probably be MHK100840 (widely available on eBay new and used and many other places), but EU2 will probably have a different plug and therefore a different part number.