Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carcoons

woodster

My garage is starting to look like York after a heavy downpour and the car, I fear, may not like the marine environment. I am therefore considering getting a carcoon (or something similar). Any advice on where to get it, what size it should be, cheapest option etc. Many thanks

Got mine from the guy who advertizes in Low Flying. Cheaper than direct from Carcoon (at least it was then) Give him a call. You need size 1 I think. A bit fiddly to use but definitely worth the effort. Stops the 'red fur', also helps avoid problems of damp electrics etc. There is one that has a frame inside the tent ('Airflow' I think) - more expensive but easier to use but harder to put up and takes up more room.

Edited by - Ezzer Ezzer on 11 Dec 2000 23:22:32

I have had a carcoon for a couple of years and used it outside for most of that time. Worked really well, I put a piece of bare angle ground mild steel on the scuttle to test for corrosion, there was none even in the middle of winter when water got in after the filter blew off. Battery charger / power unit even managed to bring an old knackered battery back from the dead.

No real negative comments except the filters would blow off in a wind (made some stiffeners to cure) and the material eventually became brittle & ripped after prolonged exposure to sunlight. This was NOT the external carcoon but the canvas material looks the same.

When I finally buy a new cover I might try to get one 24 inches shorter to fit the seven or elan better.

I paid 200UKP cash at an exhibition for the more expensive silver coloured canvas size 1.

I am not connected with the company but have ben really pleased even when the charger failed after 1 year due to water ingress (dont ask) they sent a new one F.O.C. no questions asked.