Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New 360r has developed a strange squeal or squeek

Mirrorl

Hi All my new 360r when under partial throttle around 2500 rpm approx. A weird and constant squeal develops coming from engine bay, if I press the throttle increase or decrease the rpm it disappears, it is apparent in any gear, sounds a little like a belt squeal but that seems ok. Has anyone else encountered this or has any ideas etc, it’s realy annoying have checked for air leaks etc. Thanks John.

Hi just managed to find some old posts, it seems like the new 360 induction air box etc can make strange whisking noises still seems strange if anyone has found a cure, any help would be gratefully received, thanks john

Yes that what cc said, the lsd whines and growls on overrun, have had sevens before and lsd have always made a heck of racket. I can live with that but the induction whistle gets on my nerves a bit.

For the record I’ve noticed on my 2018 420r that the plenum does distort quite a bit when you blip the throttle, cant say I’ve noticed any squeaks over all the rest of the mechanical noises, lsd included, but then I wear earplugs 99% of the time