Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Throttle pedal

Mirrorl

Hi all Just after a bit of wisdom. Has anyone made any alterations to there throttle pedal to give a little bit more foot room. Maybe bending it slightly or any other modifications. Any thoughts greatly appreciated 

john

Bending is very common.

Is it just the throttle pedal, or would you like the notes on adjusting all of the pedals?

Jonathan

PS: I couldn't get enough bend on mine and it currently has a mahogany section bolted on top. That will stay there until I take up the offer of one of the two kind Members who offered a metalliurgic solution.

You should be able to adjust the height using adjuster on outer part of cable at engine end ? .... assuming it is a mechanical cable operated device still .... not some modern fly by wire gizmo. There are also a couple of pivot positions available. Take the top off the pedal box and look

My 2017 360R came with a two position adjustable peddle box. For some reason CC built the car with the clutch and brake on on the further position and the throttle on the nearest. I've since moved the throttle position to the rear and bent it to assist with aid heel and toeing, but without much success. The brake and clutch also need to be moved forwards.

Throttle still operates on a cable.

What SM25T says is a good starting point on a recent build Caterham.  Be conscious that you may need to adjust the pedal stop (underneath the pedal) to get full throttle opening if you lower the pedal in this way.

SMT25's suggestion won't help. As mentioned previously you'll probably need to move the clutch, brake and throttle positions in the pedal box then play bending the throttle pedal. For some reason CC initially set mine up to make life more difficult than necessary....