Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Supersport upgrade install guide

Robert OSELLO

Hi rob ,

The kit includes , cams - which are easy enough to fit with your existing followers etc although it would be wise to fit new cam seals whilst you are there , filter which bolts onto the end of the plenum , spark plugs , and the 2 computers , one silver , one black - these are just unplug old and plug in new .

Speak soon .

Dave

Robert

I had the SS kit installed on my 1.6K earlier this year. My recommendation is to get Caterham to do it as it won't cost you anything. The cost of the kit was 1000GBP to DIY. If you get Caterham to do the install the cost is also 1000GBP. The reason is they can recycle the ECU (and cams/spark plug cover?) and can therefore claw back the cost of install. Where as you will be left with a few (fairly) worthless components.

Install took 1/2 a day. My only wish was that I had specified the SS from the start. 4000rpm will never be the same again biggrin.gif

Dominic

Pierre

This is where the sparks start to fly on Supersport engines (I thought it was nearer 5k on my old 1400K-SS).

From here until the change up light they really start to motor. There's nothing like a step in the power delivery to get the pulse going. I loved it!

C7 AJM

PS No one's said it yet, but you could get a decent set of cams and a better ECU for a similar amount of cash and potentially better power. And this would leave you with an upgrade path a mile wide for later on...of course it wouldn't be standard any more but you're never going to sell it anyway, are you... :)

Edited by - Andy Murphy on 12 Dec 2000 19:10:15

Edited by - Andy Murphy on 12 Dec 2000 19:11:01