Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400D fuel pressure

johnnyseven

the stack dash on my R400D gives a reading of -99 on start-up for fuel pressure- this increases slowly and after a 30min blat is up to 12-14. This seems low? The car does cut out sometimes when ticking over- like it’s lack of fuel- anyone with a stack in the R400D let me know there fuel pressure reading?

Stack 8130/1 dash as fitted to R400D did not have a fuel pressure sensor fitted as standard.  It requires the addition of an ST741 low pressure (or ST742 high pressure) fuel pressure sensor depending on where the reading is to be taken from.  Without the sensor, the indication will behave exactly as you describe.  If yours does have the sensor fitted (probably to the end of the fuel rail), then it may have either failed or there is an earth fault in the wire (start by looking where the wire goes through the bulkhead).

The other critical omission (at least on early cars) was that they didn't connect the oil temp sender either.  This is easily rectified in about 10 mins with a purpose built stack extension cable direct from Caterham!

Thanks R400C- I did wonder as I couldn't find anything that looked like a sensor on the fuel line! Mine is an early car- and I do have oil temp reading- I presumed it was taken from the sensor in the sump- two wires to a large hex plug- I think it's blue or maybe red?

Johnny