Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No indicators or hazzards

Stephen Long

All other circuits including other lights working OK?

1. Check the fuse.
  2. Cycle the hazard warning light switch a few times and see if it makes any difference. It's a known point of failure and can affect the indicators as well.
  3. Check that the relay is seated properly.

Beyond that... do you have a multimeter and the appropriate wiring diagram?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

I can't find my manual this evening , so I am not sure which fuse it us. The hazards don't respond at all to any amount of prodding. It feels like a fuse... the relay is in tight

I will have another look tomorrow

I will report with my findings

Stephen..longy

Hi Jonathan

I can't find my manual this evening , so I am not sure which fuse it us. The hazards don't respond at all to any amount of prodding. It feels like a fuse... the relay is in tight

Stephen..longy

Hi Jonathan

Stephen..longy

I helped out a friend recently (outside of this forum) whose indicators stopped working a little while after switching to LEDs. His were Just Add Lightness and he had used a flasher they supplied. It had failed. I believe Doug advised him that they had an issue with some of the earlier flashers and supplied him with a later replacement. In his case, the hazards still worked but single sided indicators didn't. We proved it was the case that the LEDs weren't providing enough load to activate the flasher by connecting a 21W bulb from the centre terminal of the indicator switch to ground - it immediately started flashing. Just wondering if it was marginal, maybe you have a similar issue even with hazards?

Hi Stephen,

I have looked back at your order and I see that I supplied the Wipac relay with your LED lights. Although Wipac have a good name, I have had a few failures of their LED relay in the past year. I have tested many relays and I have found the CF14 to be the best option for Caterhams and this is now the relay I supply with my LED lights.  The CF14 has proven to be far more reliable than other relays and works with any combination of LED and standard bulb.

All my products come with a 1 year warranty so I will send you a new CF14 relay free of charge tomorrow via 1st class post.

Beware if any owners are thinking of buying a cheap CF14 from Ebay or Amazon. I have tried dozens from different suppliers and they are not all the same. The quality of the electronics inside are questionable and you can feel the difference in build quality just by holding one in your hand. Buy cheap, buy twice.

I pride myself on my customer service, so If any other owners have questions about relays or LED lights then please feel free to email me as I am always happy to help. support@justaddlightness.co.uk

Doug  

Good Afternoon All, 

Well so much can happen in such a short time on Blatchat. So many thank you's. 

The next time I hear someone talk about the cost of membership I will have be able to draw there attention to this episode. What am amazing response to my problem, offers of ideas wiring diagrams and then on comes the supplier of my Led lighting with a solution and parts are on the way. 

Words fail me.

Thank you Doug,wow what service, (and by the way the lights really are fantastic).  

Thank you Jonathan, thank you  Buds. 

I will report back when we are up and running again . 

Have a great day All. 

Longy 

Good evening all,

Update: I received as promised the relay sent to me by Doug of just add lightness. I removed the wipac unit and fitted the new relay and voila ... we have indicators and hazards.

Just remains for me to say thank you to you all.

Longy

Now just need to get out in that car.