Click here if you are having website access problems ×

s3 Day Running Lights

virden

Having has two cars pull out in front of me in as many days I think it may be time to fit some LED running lights.  Has any one any experience/ recommendation of  fitting the combined indicator. running light kit?

here's my DRL solution, also sees round corners on twisties at night

Cycle wings mounted DRLs

pic2

​This is the second attempt, the last lot broke, or one did, possibly water injection..

A mod I am looking for is a stroboscopic gadget, to do the same as Porsche and Audi (I think) brake lights do, but at my behest, not when I brake, although that might not be  a bad idea, a few twinkles when I touch the brake... hmmm an anti ding bat device - designed to combat SMIDSY accidents.

Anthony 

01_may18_080.thumb.jpg.4718b4dab2d7fe82cd8eff8ab03b7852.jpg

Hopefully you can see my running lights either side of the nose on my Seven above.

I fitted running lights a few years back to stainless steel brackets I made to fit under the front top wishbone bolts. I wired them through two relays, so they come on/off with the ignition, but also go off when sidelights come on. They are very bright, so it is important they go off in the dark or at least dim.

The ones I have fitted are these from Ebay (only £14)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-3-LED-High-Power-Car-White-DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-Fog-Lamp-Waterproof-12V/311892101050?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

If you buy these, please be aware that I needed to clean the mounting threads with an M3 tap before they were usable.

I would recommend these:

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/other-vehicles-accessories/other-vehicle-lights/kit-car-round-7-headlight-drl-style-rhd.html

Plug and play replacement for my seven inch headlights. The side lights are replaced with 12 LEDS each side which are very bright and the crystal halogen reflectors work well. The LEDS plug directly into the existing side light bulb socket.

I was worried they would look a bit funny but fitted they are really nice. The pictures on the website do not do them justice such that I very nearly did not buy them.

James

The only problem with headlights is if you are on dipped beam and the road has a bump, it can look like you are flashing your lights to let someone out. This is why some bikers ride with full beam on.