Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Painting brake pipe bracket

Wrightpayne

Doing some work on the tintop which involves replacing several brake pipes, both rigid and flexible.

there are a couple of little brackets that bolt to the hub carrier and hold the flexi pipe.

They are a little bit rusty so want to clean them up and paint them.

Do we think that etch primer and halfords satin black will be OK due to its proximity to the disc? Prob 4” away and in airflow.

Regards

Ian

Heat as mentioned would not be a problem, but not sure how Halfords Satin Black will deal with soaking and drying cycles with road salt.  One of the many Hammerites might be more durable and give better film build on the bracket edges. 

Hmmm - bought some brush on silver smooth hammerite last week and it doesn't quite seem as good as the old stuff.

Its on my Porsche 911 so unlikely to get used in the really bad weather. There is also plenty of metal left on the brackets so dont think they’ll be disappearing soon and anything I do will prolong their life.

I’ll ponder tonight and paint tomorrow.

Cheers

Ian

• Leadership Team

Have you checked you haven't got a local company that does powdercoating?  If it's just black you are after, they woud probably add your brackets to the other batches they are doing for not a great deal of money?