Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ACB10's?

Sean SuperlightR

Well, they quoted me £12 plus VAT for a delivery. If you don't want to pick them up from me, I could arrange for them to be delivered direct I suppose.

Once I've got a price, I'll sort out the details and confirmation from people wanting to proceed.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might need a trailer. Then again, if most people are in the SE, then I couldhave them delivered more locally and cart them up this way for the few people in this area.

Let's wait and see if they're interested in dealing first.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

ACB10's are currently used as the control tyre on the FFord 1600 cars, wet and dry! FFord Zetec use an Avon Slick for the dry and an Avon wet for the wet! Be carefull buying ACB10's from FF race teams, as they are probably not legal!

If this deal goes ahead (can't get through to the man I want at the mo) then it will have nothing to do with BMTR. I have already explained that I am not a threat to current distribution arrangements and these tyres will not be sold on.

Gary, can you email me your requirement please, including quantities and sizes.

I've spoken to Brian. They still haven't managed to offer me a price, but I'm hopeful that they will tomorrow lunchtime. He's checking with his boss.

However, they have some "contract" tyres which they cannot budge on price. These are all 175x13" CR500's and the 6 inch ACB10s used in the Caterham superlight challenge (or something). I'll check tomorrow, but these may be the A33 compound. Whichever one's are going to be at standard price, I will have removed my the order. Not much point in my having them delivered to me is there?... unless, like Gordon you are local and simply wish to have them delivered locally but I'd suggest you're going to have to pay to have them mounted anyway so it might make it easier to get them from source.

I've used table of model numbers and have found some irregularities:

7.0/21.0-13 A31 - Can't find a model number

8.0/22.0-13 A30 - Can't find a model number

11005 7.0/22.0-15 4S60 78V - What is this compound?

8.0/22.0-15 A33 - Can't find a model number

Would Mr Richard Phillips please let me know what compound he requires please. It would help if you could verify them from Fred's table just to make sure what you want is available.

Thanks.

Ah Ha, found the codes had to take a rear off,my tyres are :-

6898 7/21 13 78v front (A30?)

6899 8/22 13 89v rear (A31?)

I would have thought that I would want A30 (softer of the 2?) all round, but looking at Peters chart I can't see them.

Has anyone used the A46 (softer still)?

Just looked on avons site here A31 are Durable compound mostly used on saloon cars.

and A41 listed as Medium compound. Medium/hard single seater applications.

Would they not be better for a caterham?

T.F@O.F.

www.griptv.com

Edited by - r phillips on 6 Mar 2003 19:12:58

Since faxing the requirements through Wednesday, I've called 5 times and each time I haven't been able to get a result. I believe we're waiting for the boss to come out of a meeting to get a decision.