Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1988 Supersprint Parts Wishlist (Part 2!) Updated

davejmitch

With the help and support of some great folk here I’ve been slowly restoring my 1988 Supersprint  (imperial long cockpit chassis) back to its original condition. The parts sourced on here and pointers in the right direction have helped massively towards getting the old girl back on the road, later this year with any luck. The used parts I’m still looking to source include:

A roll bar with a cross brace as the current unbraced skinny one fitted looks a bit optimistic.

A pair of front cycle wings

Pair of headlight brackets

An original style heater as no doubt it will be winter by the time I get her back on the road

A full hood as my 30 year old one has shrunk and gone brittle

A full carpet set

A supersprint rocker cover to replace the polished alloy one there currently

A pair of 4 point  harnesses

An exhaust heat shield

A gear lever rubber gaiter

I’m located in Leamington Spa but will happily cover postage costs if folk have got any of these bits tucked away further afield

Many thanks, Can't wait to get the old girl back on the road!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Being a "serial collector" of badges, I might have the right one for your car? Which type are you after? If I am right, in 1988 Caterham used the black and silver nose cone badge.

There were a couple of versions. Just Super 7, or Super 7 Sprint or Super 7 HPC.

Which 13" alloys do you use? On a Super Sprint LA the standard was KN Jupiter 13", on the DD the 14". Option were Revolution alloys or the Prisoner.

I also have a pair of 4 point E-marked red Luke harnesses. The correct type used by Caterham in the eighties.

Cheers

JJF

Thanks chaps, I've updated the original post as I've sourced some headlights, A grill and found the original badge that I was after. I have a growing pile of parts to  take for shotblast and powder coat over the next two weeks then hopefully I can get her down from the axle stands and back on her wheels, tyres permitting!

Thanks again

Dave

• 1 month later...

I've updated the original post again as some very nice chaps have sorted me out with tyres, rear lights, a grill and some other bits and bobs. Im starting to feel like I'm on the home run now, I've held off dropping off a small crate of parts for shot blast and powder coat incase anyones got a FIA stye imperial live axle roll bar or one with a cross brace, incase a scruffy one turns up that would benefit from a visit to the powder coaters.

Let me know if you have any bits that you are looking to sell, I don't think its going to be too long until I place an order with redline for the final bits and get the old girl back on the road, cant wait!