Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Throttle Body Upgrade

prs

I currently have a 1.6SS with a 6 speed box, although the performance is rapid I've been thinking for a while about different types of upgrade. So far I've replaced the standard exhaust with a powerspeed 4.2.1 repackable system, fitted an Apollo tank and have removed the oil pump and modified the oil holes similar to Peter C spec on DV's site.

If I go for throttle bodies and an Emerald(don't tell the missus I'm buying an emerald she'll get the wrong idea) and retain the Supersport cams would I expect to see 160bhp? Am I right in thinking that this would cost about £500 for the TB's £500 for the Emerald and about £200 for mapping.

Has anybody done this or do most change the cams as well....

Phil

Realistically I'd expect you to see more like 150-155BHP, costs are more likely

TBs £560

Linkage, fuel rail mounts trumpets etc £100-200 depending on where you buy them

Air filters?/socks? £???

ECU £588

Mapping £120-140 although a close map is available.

Verniers £150 (absolutely essential)

Cams £293

Oil seals £20

You could buy this lot as a kit and save some considerable moolah, see www.dvapower.com

You would do better to trade up the cams , newly available is a cam spec. which is close to the Piper BP285H but doesnt require the springs to be changed and therefore doesnt require the head to be lifted. These cams will give much better all round perfomance than the SS cams, probably around 165BHP, you can then sell the SS cams and old ECU as an upgrade package.

Oily

Edited by - oilyhands on 3 Mar 2003 10:30:41