Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Transmission tunnel top off of a k series

Rullingen

No I haven't, but it's not coming up against the lever. I can't lift it that far, I was hoping to twist is through 90° so I wouldn't have to release the cable, but there's no chance. I can only lift it an inch. Do you suggest that the cable is the way to go? I have got the gear knob off OK.

The front and rear of the tunnel are completely free, but in the middle around the handbrake it feels like there's a Jack Russell got hold of it from underneath. I can get my fingers under the lip all the way along and there's nothing there, but the upholstery around the handbrake feels like it's still attached to something under the handbrake. I've tried to look from underneath but to see anything I'm going to have to get the prop shaft off.

Mine is a tight fit and no fixing screws were needed. Once the handbrake cable is slackened off and gear knob removed I sort of pull outwards and upwards near the middle. Be aware it is possible to twist / buckle the ally frame if you lift from the back and its really tight.

Regards

Ian