Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Red/White wire 'RW89' on Sigma diagram

Jig

There is a spare red/white wire with a spade termination cable tied to the cigarette lighter feed under the LH dash of my 2016/2017 Sigma (marked RW89 in fig 211 of the Feb 2015c build manual). I was hoping it was a switched live but does not appear to have any voltage on it - anyone know what it is for? I want to wire a switched accessory socket under there. Obviously I can run my own feed, but was hoping to use what is there already.

Cheers

Jerry

As above.

"Standard" wiring colours, and let me know if you'd like the diagram for your 7.

I can run my own feed, but was hoping to use what is there already.

A couple of suggestions:

1. You can add feeds by making a up a piece on the bench that has a double spade somewhere or a Y piece. That reduces the amount of fettling that you have to do in the difficult area under the dash, and enables it to be easily restored to original.
  2. A piggyback fuse:s-l1600.jpg

Jonathan

Thanks guys, perfect answer. Well, not the one I wanted, but it gets me sorted. I'm more than happy to make up wiring, but the simpler I can make it the better.

@Jonathan - I have the diagram from the build manual but if you have something more detailed then I would be very interested!