Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Advice on purchasing

Castrol

Hi Everyone,

Having just sold my replica 7 and now having the cash burning a hole in my pocket I am in a position to be able to fulfill a long held wish of owning a Caterham. 😬

I am interested in 1700 Supersprints with the de-dion rear end and would be grateful for any advice anyone may have in what to look for or avoid and what prices good examples will be fetching.

Thanks.

Matt.

PS If you're reading this and have one for sale, please drop me a message....

M.

You'll get loads of advice if you get yourself along to an area meeting, I'm sure someone will be along to fill in some details on blatchat for you, but face to face will give you more time to chat and find out what is good and bad about the type of car your after.

You might want to get yourself The Magnificent 7 by Chris Rees as it’s an excellent book that covers every type of Lotus and Caterham seven, what the different type’s strong points are and what to expect.

Depending where you are in the country you might want to consider popping into one of the respected garages that work on Seven's and they should be able to tell you what issues they see from day to day.

Good luck.

C7 MLE

The big red one with yellow bits on.