Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Banner battery replacement

Dobson_justin

I think I need to change my battery as it is not holding as much charge as it did.  

I have a banner battery currently, so the simplest would be a straight swap as I assume the old and new batteries will be the same size, so fit the bracket that is in already.

Any advice on alternatives?  

If not, where can you get banner batteries from, as posting them would be a challenge I assume?

Thanks

I use the PC625, a tad more expensive than the PC680 but is 1kg lighter and is a little bit more powerful.

You will need a new cradle for it though.

Do Powervamp actually make them or are they just a retailer? I thought these batteries were made by EnerSys; never-the-less they are readily available from DemonTweeks or JJC Race & Rally (either direct or via eBay).

eBay listing I bought my PC625 through recently: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Odyssey-Extreme-Battery-Race-Racing-Oval-Rally-Motorsport-Dry-Cell

Just select the model needed from the drop-down.

Thanks all! Tight for time so will have to be a replacement Banner for now.  The power vamp looks good, but don’t have time to mess around changing the cage, as I can guarantee it will become 10x more complicated than it is meant to be and I need it in for the weekend! 

Justin, 

When  you're at Blyton at the weekend come and say hello (Chris, no. 578) and you can see how to modify an existing Banner battery tray to accomoddate a smaller battery. I use an Ultramax NPG 22-12 (and that's for a golf cart!)

• 2 months later...