Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fun with brake pipes

KenEvans

Why not push a length of wire down the pipes to check for any obstruction. Strip a suitable length of domestic lighting cable single .75 to 1.5 mm square should do the trick available at any DIY store.

I hate to tell you this but its not necessary to cut any brake line to install a limiting valve. The normal method is to disconnect the pipe to the rear connection on the master cylinder this now goes to the OUT port on the limiting valve, then you need a 300mm length of copper pipe making up with flares and male coupling on each end this runs from the master cylinder to IN port on the limiting valve. Thats it.

Hi Rob

I'm not sure I could find wire that would have the right rigidity to cope with being pushed down 7 feet of pipe while getting around the bends too, but I'll give it some thought. That's a good one, thanks.

I was shown how to mount and attach the (adjustable) limiting valve by Clive Kenrick, and it would have gone perfectly if I'd had a good flaring tool to begin with. But thanks anyway *thumbup*