Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ZZS Camber?

Tazio

• 2 weeks later...

I run around 1.75 mainly on track; this seem to work although the outside of the front left is slightly more worn than the inside. Likewise the inside of the front right is slightly more worn than the outside. Something about track layout I presume.

You can add more camber but the car will be "interesting" on the road.

You have a similar dilemma to me. I was over at team Leos today talking about set up. My car is OK on the road but understeers a lot on track. 

First suggestion was increasing camber as I mentioned, currently about 1.5 on mine. The guys tell me it wouldn’t knock the tyres about too badly on the road with more.

I’m planning to fit a new set of tyres shortly. I have a set of CR500s on the road and a set of ZZR for the track. I think I’ll fit a set of ZZS and increase the camber as recommended.

Even if there is some increased wear, with the quite low mileage they’ll last a good while anyway, and I can swap them on the rims to even it out.  

I've been running with -2.5 on mine for the last few years. Just switched over from CR500 to ZZS. Can't speak for the ZZS yet as its too soon but I wore out the CR500s from new with that configuration and I found the wear to be reasonably even. It's been a great setup on the track and I can't say I've found it an issue on the road.

How have people got their tracking configured to go with it? I'd have to go back and check the paper work but pretty sure I set mine up to be ever so slightly toe out. 0.5 degrees or thereabouts if I remember correctly. Turn in on track is good and I've never had problems with understeer.

Tom